If you have a home, you certainly also have a junk drawer. This is where you keep all of the random things that don’t have a specific home. It’s typically a mess, and it’s often complicated to find what you’re looking for. But did you expect that your junk drawer can be an essential part of your life? If you keep the proper stuff in it, your junk drawer can help make your life easier. Every renter should keep ten essential things in their junk drawer!
- A pen and notepad. This may sound obvious, but you’d be astonished at how often you need a pen and paper. Whether you’re jotting down a phone number or leaving a note for your roommate, having a pen and paper is always helpful.
- A flashlight. A flashlight can come in handy when the power goes out or when you’re looking for something in a dark space.
- Batteries. Batteries are needed for a variety of things, from your remote control to your smoke detector. Always have a few extra batteries on hand, so you’re never caught without them.
- A screwdriver. A screwdriver is a versatile tool that can be utilized for everything from opening a can of paint to tightening a loose screw. Choose one with several different heads in one handle to save space and maximize utility.
- Pliers. Pliers are another helpful tool that can be used for a variety of tasks, from gripping something too tiny to hold onto with your fingers to bending wire.
- Tape. You never know when you’ll need tape, so it’s always good to keep some on hand. From packing up a box to repairing a ripped piece of clothing, tape is always handy.
- Superglue. Superglue can be used to fix everything from a broken plate to a ripped book cover. Buy tiny or single-use packages of super glue to prevent waste and keep your junk drawer tidy.
- A tape measure. A tape measure is an absolute must for any junk drawer. Whether you’re hanging pictures or measuring for new furniture, a tape measure is always useful.
- Scissors. Scissors are always necessary, whether cutting paper or opening a package. Choose a small pair of scissors that will fit comfortably in your junk drawer.
- Rubber bands. Rubber bands can be used for a variety of purposes, from keeping cords neat to bundling up newspapers. They’re also wonderful for keeping your junk drawer organized!
Speaking of organization, don’t ignore the most important thing your junk drawer needs – an organizer tray! While most junk drawers are messy, this does not have to be the case. An organizer tray (or just a simple divided box) may assist in keeping your junk drawer organized and your essential items easy to find. If your junk drawer is already a problem, here are some methods for organizing your junk drawer – and keeping it that way! – in just a few easy steps.
Now that you distinguish what belongs in a junk drawer and how to organize it, you have everything you need from day to day right at your fingertips! However, if you think that your current Richboro home is feeling a bit crowded or you are ready for a move, approach Real Property Management Prosperity. We provide high-quality rental homes available in your area that are perfect for you and your ideal lifestyle.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.